SELLING YOUR CAR
Traditionally there are two ways to sell your car. At Dropshot we offer a third way.
Selling privately is time consuming. Preparing the car, advertising it, responding to enquiries and being available to host viewings all eats into your busy life. Then there is the pressure of setting and negotiating the price, hassle you don't need.
You can, of course take the easy way out and part-exchange your car, or offer it to a dealer to purchase. Easy, but expensive. The average price difference between trade-in and private sales is apx 10% of the car's value. If your car is worth £10,000, that's £1000 pounds you are paying for convenience.
At Dropshot, we offer a third way. For 5%* of the sale value of your car we will do all the hard work for you. No money changes hands until the car is sold.
- Initial consultation to view car and set a target price
- Prepare vehicle for sale (vac, clean, T-cut, polish)
- Advertise car in National and local press/website - usually Autotrader
- Provide information against phone and e-mail enquiries
- Host viewings with potential buyers and RAC inspections
- Negotiate price on behalf of seller
- Prepare Bill of Sale
- Assistance with logistics of handover
* plus expenses to cover advertising costs and travel